Drugstore Haul: Hair + Makeup

4:58 PM Unknown 0 Comments




     Hi everyone, I hope you are all doing well. These past two weekends, I went to Target to do some shopping, and I thought I'd share some of what I bought with you guys.

     I just bought six items the first time; three hair-related and three makeup-related.

Hair-Related Items


Conair Styling Clips
12 pc
$3.99 + tax
     This was actually one of the last things I picked up, just because I walked through the hair tools aisle by chance. I've been looking for some of these styling clips so I could section off my hair or pin my curls much smoother and quicker whenever I use my hot tools. Also, Lou Teasdale used similar clips when she did her hair for Jay's wedding.

Conair Bobby Pins
90 pc
$1.94 + tax
      Of course, I had to buy more bobby pins, since it's impossible for me to not loose mine. I was about to walk away with buying a pack of 60 for $3, and I'm so very happy that I saw these before I left the aisle. Such a bargain, and it comes with a small tear-drop shaped bobby pin opener that you can use to open your bobby pins instead of using your teeth (which I'm guilty of doing).

Herbal Essence Totally Twisted Curl Scrunching Gel
70 g (6 oz)
$3.39 + tax
     One of the main reasons that I went to the drugstore was because I wanted a product to use in my curls that will keep them from frizzing up if I decided to wear my crazy locks down one day, and this product claims to do so. Also, it smells delicious!


Makeup-Related Items


Ardell Lash Grip Adhesive
7 g e net wt .25 oz
$3.89 + tax
      The sets of e.l.f. falsies that I bought came with lash glue, but it was horrible quality. After one use, despite the fact that I twisted the cap on correctly and made sure it was shut tight, the glue dried up and got tacky, making it impossible to use, which was disappointing since I absolutely adore e.l.f. products.. I've heard a large amount of people in the beauty community rave about Ardell products, so I decided to pick up some of their glue and see how it works.

Maybelline 'Fit Me' Dewy + Smooth foundation in shade 240 Golden Beige
1 fl. oz. 30 ml
$5.99 + tax
      The fact that I did not have a foundation in my current shade, and that I was dying of curiosity about this new line of foundations led me to purchase this (surprisingly affordable) foundation. Expect a future blog post on this foundation.

L'Oreal Paris Miss Manga Mascara in Darkest Black
0.27 fl. oz. 8.1 ml
$6.99 + tax
     This product was greatly raved about by one of my favorite youtubers Em, so I decided to purchase it. Once I experiment a bit more with it, I'll do a blog post on in, including pictures and side-by-side comparisons to other mascaras that I own.


     The second trip to Target, I got a few more things.

Maybelline 'Fit Me' Matte + Poreless foundation in shade 228 Soft Tan
1 fl. oz. 30 ml
$5.99 + tax

     Please, take my advice. If a foundation says 'for normal to oily' or 'for normal to dry', they do that for a reason. Please get the foundation that corresponds to your skin type. I did not do this, so I had to exchange the first foundation shown above for this one, since I had normal to oily skin. A review on this foundation and the 'Fit Me' Dewy + Smooth foundation will be up shortly.

Olay Clear Skin {1-2-3!} Acne Solution System
Approximately 30-day supply
$19.99 + tax
      I have tried this once, and I saw immediate results with the moisturizer and results the next morning with the acne wash and spot treatment. I love this so much already and I highly recommend the {Swirled Mattifier!} to people that have redness and oily skin.

e.l.f. Jumbo Lip Gloss Stick in Sangria Starters
Net Wt. 0.10 oz / 2.7 g
$2 + tax
     It was cheap and a pretty color, what more can I ask for? I tried it on once I got home, and let me tell you, I was skeptical, because I didn't want another lip gloss, but let me tell you now, it was not glossy. It looked more like a lip stain, and it lasted multiple hours after I applied. I had more of a satin/natural finish, and you could totally layer it up to get the desired color pay off.

Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser
20 ml .67 fl oz
$6.99 + tax
     If you guys watch my videos, then you guys know that my go-to primer is the Smashbox Pore minimizing Photo Finish primer, but before I got that one for my birthday, I used this one. Once I got the high end primer, I started using that one just where I had the biggest pores, and then I used the Baby Skin primer all over the rest of my face. I love it, because if I wanted to, I could just apply it to my face and it'll mattify my t-zone for the rest of the day. It's a great product to wear on its own, and it really helps your makeup last throughout the whole day.



     So I hope you guys enjoyed this. Thank you so much for reading. Follow me to get updates when I post, and check out all my other social media if you'd like. Stay smiling my lovelies.

    - Karina


0 comments: