FOUR STEP DIY: TOPSHOP KNEE-RIPPED JEANS

5:17 PM Unknown 0 Comments


FOUR STEP DIY: TOPSHOP KNEE-RIPPED JEANS


Hi everyone! Today I posted a video on how to get some Topshop-eske jeans, but it wasn't very detailed, so I decided to make a blog-post including all the detail that was left out of the video! If you haven't watched the video yet, go do so!


_____


WHAT YOU'LL NEED:


- Jeans 
- Heavy duty scissors
- Tape
- Tweezers
-Legs (obviously)


STEP ONE: MARK WHERE YOU WANT TO RIP THE JEANS


Here, I used some weak duct tape that I purchased at Claire's, and I just placed them on my knees where the top of the tape would mark off where I would cut them. 
(Tip:I recommend cutting them right below your knee)


STEP TWO: CUT


Then, I used some big scissors that I purchased at Target (very heavy duty and sharp, it got the job done, as it would on jeans thicker than mine) and made a small incision on one side above the tape, then slowly cutting, making sure to keep the cut straight across. I did this while keeping my jeans on, but if you want to be safe, you can do it without having the pants on as well.


STEP THREE: ROUGH IT UP


This step is totally optional. I did it because I didn't want the rip to look completely manufactured; I wanted some texture. I took the tweezers and tugged a bit at the edges of the rips to create a bit of a fringe, like the little white pieces of thread hanging in these rips. You will get a better understanding by watching this part in the video.


STEP FOUR: DETAIL


I just added another slice on each knee to try to mimic the distressed layers on these jeans. I just really love how it looks, but of course, this step is optional as well as the last step.


FINAL RESULTS


And you're done! I hope you love how your Topshop knock-offs came out, I know I did! If you do this, tag me on instagram or twitter; I'd love to see your recreations. Thank you so much for reading!

-Karina




0 comments: